Saturday, April 20, 2024

Workout Options – Golfer's Elbow

Forums General Fitness & Training Workout Options – Golfer's Elbow

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Noah Meade
    Participant

Coach Dos,

I’m working through an unfortunate and lingering case of medial epicondylitis. I’ve tried going light on any pulling exercises or things requiring grip, which hasn’t worked terribly well. Now I’m planning to take a new approach to give the muscle/tendon a full rest and not do any strength training involving grip. So, I’m looking to find some ideas for workouts I can do that will be friendly to that paradigm. I’m not sure if I should even be on the rower or assault bike while this thing heals. I’m planning to hit Squats and Good Mornings hard but I want some metabolic stuff too – are there some good sprinting intervals that would be good or any other ideas while this nagging issue heals up?

CoachDos
    Keymaster

When we have upper body issues we rely A LOT of sled work for strength and cardio (using a harness of course). Springs, stairs, shoulder carries, bike WITHOUT the arms (assault) – stay away from pushing and pulling with the elbow. ALso, don’t be afraid to do things with your ‘good arm’ – like DB snatches, swings, end push presses and rows. ….there is a transfer of strength just don’t over do the volume.

Noah Meade
    Participant

Thanks, Coach. It looks like I may have more options than I thought. Can I ask what springs are? Is that like hopping?

And I assume shoulder carries would be like with a sand bag or racked KB?

Thanks again.

CoachDos
    Keymaster

sorry Noah! Mean SPRINTS haha!

Yeah any carries that won’t strain the elbow…if a racked KB doesn’t bother it thats fine

Noah Meade
    Participant

Cool. Thanks, Dos!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.