Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Life after Hernia Repair

Forums General Fitness & Training Life after Hernia Repair

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Lawrence
    Participant

Looking for some guidance from any strength coaches on here about how they might have recovered or how one of their clients or atheletes have recovered from an inguial hernia repair… regarding workout protocols or program design. In no way am I taking this as medical advice, just curious as to what you have all seen in the field as the best approach for long term success:

1. How have your atheletes responded after surgery to volumes and loads
    2. Have there been any limitations on load or movement
    3. How have the atheletes done long term?

I ask all this because I have one and had it repaired in OCt, and I’m feeling strong enough to resume, but I def don’t want to re-injur myself (I was born with an inguinal hernia / repaired it at birth / but it came back at the age of 35). Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome
    Thanks

Travis Tamayo
    Participant

Does anyone ever reply on this forum? And how often does a workout of the week get posted? Seems to me a wow should be well, weekly.

Michael Lawrence
    Participant

Word. I’m not sure what happened to the community. This site was full of activity back in 2013ish (I think it was around that time?). I came back recently and it feels like people have not been as active in the community as I remembered it.

CoachDos
    Keymaster

Hey guys – sorry….but yeah we have never really had a very active community on here. In fact, the member facebook page seems to get more activity for some reason?

I have been off the grid a bit the past month or so due to some family issues but hoping to get back on track after our speed and power summit this coming weekend!

CoachDos
    Keymaster

Here is the Facebook member page link https://www.facebook.com/groups/1831096943815319/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.