Saturday, April 27, 2024

FAT LOSS

Forums General Fitness & Training FAT LOSS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Michael T
    Participant

If I wanted to lose some fat would it be better to do 3 days full body density sessions or 4 day push pull with cardio strength training finishers?

Ryan Sellz
    Participant

Hey Michael,

You might benefit more from doing 2 full body density + 2 metabolic circuits. You can check some of the older WoW 30:30 circuits for some ideas.

james skeeler
    Participant

Either should work just fine. The big thing with fat loss is diet. I do tend to favor density amrap circuits for fat loss due to the pace generally, it allows the trainee to have a conditioning type effect. The template I used to use ( I now coach HS football, but I trained people for 7 years) was the following

Big move – usually complexes for more advanced clients, or just an explosive move for beginners such as KB swings or med ball stuff etc
    density circuit 15-20 min again base it off the clients level
    finish with interval based cardio

example:
    BB complex of deadlift, bent over row, military press, back sqt 3×8
    density circuit 15 min
    c2 rower 2 sets of 2 min rowing

once you include the warm-up the whole workout takes around 40 minutes

Michael T
    Participant

Thasks for the feedback. Those sound like good set ups.

CoachDos
    Keymaster

Yes I would go with at least 2 HEAVY/HARD density style sessions or 15:45/20:40 style + at least 2 days of maybe 30:30 with lots of mechanical work (higher volume) — add in 1 day of whatever you like to do ….complexes, Oly lifts, jump training, sprint, sled work etc.

CoachDos
    Keymaster

Just posted another 30:30 today!

james skeeler
    Participant

hey coach how would you do it if the person only had two days a week to train? had 45min to a hour each session.

CoachDos
    Keymaster

Well for fat loss 2 days per week is not going to be super effective –

I would go with a 3 set complex to start
    a timed circuit like a 30:30 or a density style or 15:45 heavier circuit (25-20 min)
    then a 3-4 min. finisher to end the session

james skeeler
    Participant

yea I understand twice a week wont be effective, but thats the personal training world unfortunately. most people cant commit more than 2-3 days a week. Thank you for the response coach.

CoachDos
    Keymaster

Thought you were asking for yourself….

I totally get it james but clients have a responsibility to do something with the other 166 hours a week that they arent with you. If they expect big time fat loss with ONLY doing 2 training sessions per week — they are going to be pretty bummed out.

That being said, I would reiterate what I laid out earlier:

I would go with a 3 set complex to start
    a timed circuit like a 30:30 or a density style or 15:45 heavier circuit (25-20 min)
    then a 3-4 min. finisher to end the session

CoachDos
    Keymaster

BTW — this is the exact stuff I cover in my staff trainings at Equinox clubs all over – Bang for your buck and creating the most AFTERBURN possible

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.