Friday, April 26, 2024

Complete Program Design for non-coach/trainer?

Forums General Fitness & Training Complete Program Design for non-coach/trainer?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Whitaker
    Participant

I am not a coach or trainer, just someone interested in staying in shape for my profession (law enforcement) and to do the occasional mud run, etc. I have both Power Training and Cardio Strength Training. Would Complete Program Design be overkill for someone like me?

Brian Silk
    Participant

in my opinion its money well spent , easy to track your progress , several workout template options as well as pick and choose exercise menu , your options and variations will keep your workouts fresh and not boring

hope this helps

Brian Silk Sr
    SASPFT

CoachDos
    Keymaster

I think CPD gives a much more thorough and detailed tool – principles are the same as MHPT and CST but the big difference is the detailed demo videos of each exercise, the new format of the templates, and the interactive workout cards!

Patrick Whitaker
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. I took the plunge and ordered. One questions I have is how you program the mobility drills during a density session. For example the ASLR or Bretzel. Do use hold the position for a set period of time?

Patrick Whitaker
    Participant

Disregard, found the answer myself.

CoachDos
    Keymaster

Patrick- I just use a set # of reps…. like 5 squat to stands or 3 triangles each direction etc

geir eikelia
    Participant

When its written 12-10-8 in the program does it mean to go heavyer every set. Or is it same load with very short rest

CoachDos
    Keymaster

It’s a heavier load….the rest is dictated by the super set or tri set you are doing etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.